This version is obsolete. Please UPDATE
MP3 Skype Recorder first start and access to Skype v.4
Note if you are using older Skype version 3, please take a look to the manual for the previous version of recorder to find necessary authorization steps.
MP3 Skype Recorder will try to connect to Skype on the first start, and will be waiting for authorization.
Skype client will ask you for a permission to allow MP3 Skype Recorder to connect to Skype during the first start of the program.
Click Allow Access, as shown on the picture.
|Choose Allow this program to use Skype and click OK|
|NOTE: If for some reason you don't see Allow Access panel (as shown above), or you accidentally clicked "Deny Access". You will need to go to the Tools->Options in the top Skype menu (as shown on the picture).|
|Click Advanced tab on the right and click Manage other program's access to Skype link in the bottom in the Skype Options window.|
|The new widow (Skype - Manage API access control) should open with the listing of 3rd parties programs connected or not allowed to connect to Skype. If MP3SkypeRecorder.exe is marked as Not allowed to use skype. Choose it from the list by clicking on it and click Change on the right.|
|Choose Allow the program to use Skype, by clicking radio button and click OK|
!!! Note: Vista and some personal firewalls can give you a "low risk" alert on MP3 Skype Recorder first recording, as it uses a local port to get sound stream from Skype, to record you have to allow MP3 Skype Recorder to use this local port. This is absolutely safe.
MP3 Skype Recorder user interface
- cross button on the upper right of MP3 Skype Recorder window minimizes the window to system tray, to close window use Exit command in the upper right menu. Double click tray icon to maximize window.
- Exit - close Skype Recorder Program
- Help - link to this page
- Skype Links - gives list of Skype useful links for easy access.
- About - link to the MP3 Skype Recorder product page
Recorder button - turns the recording ON, if pressed during Skype conversation starts the recording immediately, else starts automatic recording mode.
Stop recording - turns the recording OFF, MP3 Skype Recorder will stop automatic record mode, if pressed during Skype call, the recording will be finished.
Open recordings - opens the folder containing skype conversation records (mp3 files).
!Note: The names of mp3 files contain date and time of recording, the type of Skype call and and name or telephone number of other party.
Skype records location - shows the path to the folder to save Skype mp3 records. The button on the right with the folder icon opens the dialog for changing this setting.
Toggle startup - turns automatic startup ON/OFF. If checked the MP3 Skype Recorder will be launched on windows startup automatically.
Toggle minimized startup - force the MP3 Skype Recorder to start in minimized mode. To show the window double click the tray icon.
Recording modes -
- Mono - the sound from microphone and incoming sound are mixed to one channel. This mode helps to save space. t
- Stereo - the sound from microphone goes to the right channel, incoming voice to the left channel. This mode could be useful if you want to split channels and take only one, this could be done by any sound editor.
- Joint Stereo mode uses M/S stereo coding and transforms the left and right channels into a mid channel and a side channel, hence the name. The mid channel is the sum of the left and right channels, or L + R. The side channel is the difference of the left and right channels, i.e., L − R. This mode usually gives more quality on the same bitrate, but you can't split channels.
Choice of bitrates from most space saving 24 bits upto 128 bits
If you have any questions, please use comments below to ask.